WCCO recently had a ridiculously stupid post about the top 10 things to do in Burnsville. You can waste your time and read the drivel on their website here. Just for a quick run down two were the Med Cruise Cafe and El Loro and Skateville and “The Heart of the City” were also listed. The author was kind enough to concede that there were plenty of other things which could go on the list but didn’t–how nice.
Honestly, I have to admit there are plenty of great things to do in Burnsville. Unfortunately absolutely NONE of the ones listed in the WCCO article even come close to what people should be directed to do when they get into town. Seriously recommending people go to El Loro, an absolutely disgusting Americanized Mexican restaurant is just downright wrong when Taqueria La Hacienda #3 sits only a short jaunt down MN-13 and offers food that is 1000000x better. Get a clue WCCO.
But who cares about the top 10 things to do in Burnsville when you can instead get the top 10 worst things to do? Here’s my list and please feel free to add your own items (1, 5, 10 or as many as you can come up with):
1. Sit at the corner of CR-11 and MN-13 with a wad of twenties in your hand.
2. Go splashing around in the man-made “creek” in the Heart of the City without a recent tetanus shot.
3. Sit at Jo-Jo’s Rise and Wine during one of the mayor’s citizen chat sessions.
4. Go for a run in Wood Park after dark.
5. Eat at El Loro.
7. Use a drive-through in the Heart of the City.
8. Drive down Black Dog Road in Burnsville.
9. Drink a glass of tap water.
10. Try to schedule a face-to-face meeting with deadbeat councilmember Dan Gustafson.
So what are your ideas for the worst things to do in Burnsville? Feel free to add them below!