Yup, it’s that time again! Another installment of random shit that’s happening around the South Metro:
1. They’re at it again, law makers in Northfield and Jordan are trying to get the gag order keeping discussions about a “Dan Patch” commuter rail line from Northfield to the metro from happening lifted.
Personally I feel that gag orders are fucking ridiculous in government and should be abolished. As long as they’re just talking and not spending money, I’m fine with it. The more talking they do, the less likely they’ll actually end up spending anything because they’re too busy arguing over stupid bullshit.
2. While ISD 191′s superintendent asked to have his salary capped at current levels to help save money (more from Thisweek), ISD 192′s jerkoff super, Brad Meeks, is being a grubby motherfucker and still hasn’t given up his raise that he so does not deserve.
Hey Brad? Stop being a fucking dumbass and just take the salary cap already. You’re a fucking douchebag anyway, at least raise your street cred a notch, ok? Sheesh.
3. Rosemount took citizen input on the sign ordinance at an open house on March 24th and will be looking for more at a public hearing in late April.
4. Apple Valley councilmember Ruth Grendahl agrees with everyone here that Elizabeth Kautz is a slimy and tricky little bitch that has her sticky little fingers where they don’t belong. Grendahl accused Kautz of favoring a law firm to handle MVTA business which gladly donated to Kautz’ campaign. You can read even more in a letter submitted to the Star Tribune here.
Personally I think that they’re all fucking dirty but I like to see a good bit of ownage, so go Ruth!
5. The Savage Pacer is giving free ad space disguised as an article to the Burnsville PAC.
Hey local media? Stop fucking wasting precious space with bullshit kthx.
6. Savage’s main artery connecting it to Prior Lake (27 and 44) is undergoing a $25,000 study to determine which is the best way for that connection to occur and one of the options is a ridiculous roundabout.
I attended a Savage city council meeting where they briefly discussed this topic and the council was told that whenever an intersection is studied one of the mandated options to consider is whether or not to put in a fucking roundabout. I think we just like to waste time and money.
7. The Craigslist murder trial began this week. The Asperger’s defense was denied but they are still confident that they will keep their client from spending the rest of his life in jail (surprising, I know).
8. Couple of items from the Star Tribune’s South Metro Town Briefs:
- Burnsville is hosting a “comedy camp” at the hysterically wasteful Burnsville Performing Arts Center. Tickets range from $40 to $60 and you too can laugh at the ridiculousness of the event.
- Lakeville wants to separate itself from Apple Valley and actually have trees. As such, they are offering up to 4 trees per household which range in price from $26 to $44. For questions call: 952-985-2712
9. I alluded to this in the Medical Marijuana Bill Poll but the other night at Jo Jo’s Rise and Wine Burnsville Mayor Elizabeth Kautz was apparently livid over the idea that Dunkin Donuts have changed their minds and are now looking to put a shop in the Heart of the Shitty™. The horrible part? They want a fucking drive-through! The horror! To this Burnsville Mayor Elizabeth Kautz reportedly said, “if you want to get donuts, you can get out of your car!” loud enough for many in the restaurant to hear.
If there’s something to get upset over, it’s a fucking drive-through. Kautz, please never get voted out, I’m not sure I could even make shit up as funny as you provide to me. Idiot.
So what do you think of Kautz, should we let her stay in office just so we can continue to point and laugh or should we help the taxpayers of Burnsville out of the mess their fellow voters apparently enjoy? Should we make up Lazy Lightning t-shirts which read: “Lazy Lightning: DONUTS? GET OUT OF YOUR CAR!”? Maybe instead we could go with “I <3 Burnsville Drive-thrus" bumperstickers? Go ahead and comment on about any of the above items, I want to hear what you have to say!