Here’s another quick roundup for those of you who aren’t braving the long lines outside the box stores (me? I bought online from Dell in 1 minute. No lines, no cold, didn’t even have to leave the fucking house!):
1. According to the Savage Pacer, Savage residents are now pissing and moaning about the water coming in from Burnsville too:
Public Works Director John Powell said the city’s water supply meets all Minnesota Department of Health standards and that the city takes water quality seriously.
He said if the need arises, the city can shut off the interconnect with Burnsville and only distribute water from its wells and water treatment plant.
2. City Pages Hot Dish blog mentions 5 anonymous comments on the review site Yelp and the ever so shitty CitySearch which irk restaurateurs. My favorite:
The service was so slow that we could not leave the restaurant in two hours. As it took so long to finish our meal, my baby started crying by the end of the night and the owner of the restaurant literally kicked us out from the restaurant.
I am having a kid in February, I promise you that I will never take him to any restaurant, such as the Meritage, where they are obviously not welcome. Get a fucking babysitter or stay the fuck at home dumbasses.
3. The Star Tribune reports that the Lakeville’s Arts Center is looking to begin funding an endowment to keep its operations running in light of tough economic times in the city. Strange thing this Friends of the Lakeville Area Arts Center is… Burnsville has one but they don’t do jack shit.Ti
4. Thisweek reports that entirely too many people take the whole Christmas vs Holidays thing too seriously and need to get a fucking life after a community uproar occurred following a note sent out by the principal of Lakeville’s Christina Huddleston Elementary School reminded staff and parents that not everyone believes in Christian holidays.
Christians (I was raised Catholic and celebrate Christmas myself) are not the only people on the planet and no one really gives a shit if you think that this is an attack on your beliefs–in fact you should take the time to look at the attacks your making on all the other belief systems before you get your panties in a bunch. Afterward please get over yourselves god dammit.
5. Thisweek reports that Eagan pretends it doesn’t want to take 4 acres of land for a new fire station when, in fact, it probably really does. The city doesn’t like how long negotiations are taking and this is the much better option–for them.
6. The Pioneer Press sensationalizes a story about a 40 year old man who raped an underage girl who lived with them for several years by saying she was their “babysitter”.
A 14 year old girl who didn’t get along with her parents and lives with someone else instead isn’t a live-in babysitter, she’s a foster child. I have a hunch that “sex with foster child” doesn’t get nearly as many Google searches and pageviews as “sex with baby sitter”. Way to go PiPress.
That’s it for this week’s roundup. I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and aren’t too bloated! I’m mainly interested in your thoughts on the “sex with a babysitter” story. Was this a calculated attempted by the Pioneer Press to drive traffic to its website via the title or am I just imagining things? But feel free to comment on the babysitter sex story or any of those links I have above and let us hear what you think!