Similar to what we did at the end of 2009 and 2010 I am putting up a slew of comments which were penned in 2011 to a vote to determine which is the best of the year. The winner has the choice of eating lunch with me at a location of my choosing (on me) or a $10 gift certificate to some SOTR restaurant I can find to agree to fork over a freebie ;-)
While technically MSPD had 3 of the top 5 (5 of the top 10) who wants to see him get multiple chances to win (not like it would help him win anyway)? Also, Gene Suh, owner of Valley Tap had the most votes at 17 but I deemed him ineligible for a win. As such the comments below were selected by taking the top 5 distinct user rated comments for the year (up votes minus down votes). There were several ties (a two way for 1st and a three way for 4th place) and as such 6 total comments are up for voting.
Please read the following comments and choose one and vote on it below. The vote will run through January 7th, 2012 at 11:59:59 PM.
1. Dave’s suggestion on proper business posting etiquette. [15 votes]
1. MSPD loves thumbs down. [15 votes]
3. lefty’s daily BPAC employee work schedule. [11 votes]
4. kelly’s surprise over the AVFD drama. [10 votes]
4. sui generis’ ‘stupidity tax’. [10 votes]
2011 Comment of the Year
- lefty's daily schedule at the BPAC (50.0%, 27 Votes)
- kelly not knowing about the drama at the AVFD (17.0%, 9 Votes)
- dsw's note about domestic violence calls (13.0%, 7 Votes)
- sui generis' 'stupidity tax' (11.0%, 6 Votes)
- Dave's suggestion on proper business posting etiquette (9.0%, 5 Votes)
- MSPD wanting his thumbs up to count for thumbs down (0.0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 54
In addition to the winner of the best comment, one commenter below will win another $10 gift cert (two distinct winners only) so make sure you vote and comment on below in order to be entered. So go ahead and vote and then comment on below and may the best commenters win.