A few days ago the Minnesota State Fair released their new foods for 2010 list on the Fair Food Finder. As I did last year, I’m posting all the new foods which will be available for everyone to try and I’m going to ask what you think you’ll end up going after from the list knowing that it’ll likely catch a super premium price.
1. Axel’s is offering “deep-fried cheeseburger sliders (cheeseburger batter-dipped and deep fried)” [U-26]
2. Blue Moon Dine-in Theater is capitalizing on the local explosion of street food and has “Korean Moon BBQ Tacos (Korean “street vendor” style tacos including a beef short rib, spicy/sweet pork or chicken).” [M-26]
3. Famous Dave’s is playing off last year’s Pig Cheeks and is going with “thinly sliced pig’s ears dusted in seasoned flour and fried until crispy. Served with a lime chipotle glaze.” [K-24]
4. Fried Fruit went with “fresh fruit salsa and chips (salsa made on-site from fresh fruit and served with tortilla chips.)” [N-25]
5. Fudge Puppies has two new items for 2010 which are, “Caramel Apple Puppies (Fudge Puppies with apple baked in and covered with caramel), Turtle Puppies (Fudge Puppies with nuts and caramel).” [S-26]
6. Giggle’s Campfire Grill is stealing from Burger Jones and adds “Chicken Fried Bacon (thick-cut bacon battered and breaded, fried and served in a boat covered with gravy).” [0-0]
7. Granny’s Cheesecake & More is going right for my wife’s heart (and my arteries) with “Deep-fried shortcake (shortcake batter deep-fried and covered with strawberries and ice cream).” [R-24]
8. Green Mill pulls out a boring variation and does up “Chicken Chipotle pizza on-a-stick.” [V-17]
9. Manny’s Tortas has me wanting to go there right now with their tasty sounding “Gourmet Mexican Sandwiches or Tortas, served on a crusty roll as a Cuban, Chicken, Vegetarian or Hawaiian style with with cheese, tomato, lettuce, onion, avocado, jalapenos, refried beans, chipotle pepper mayo, fresh-blended Pina Coladas (non-alcohol) served in a pineapple, fresh pineapple pieces in a bowl.” [U-24]
10. Moe and Joes Coffee is putting out “Grilled marshmallow, chocolate and banana sandwiches.” [N-30]
11. Netterfield Food Court would have my grandfather waiting in line for hours with their “Deep fried bologna served on-a-stick or on a bun,” but for me I’ll pass. [0-0]
12. O’Gara’s has me watering at the mouth with “Sweet potato tots (tater tots made out of sweep potatoes) Danny Boy Burger (burger made with corned beef and covered with kraut, Swiss cheese and Thousand Island Dressing). Irish Soda bread served with cinnamon butter to enjoy here or a loaf to take home,” but only for the sweet potato tots–the rest I can live without. [W-24]
My must dos are the O’Gara’s sweet potato tots, Manny’s Tortas, and the Korean Moon BBQ tacos. Kinda sad that the list is so short but I suppose that leaves me more room for all my favorites such as fried green tomatoes, roasted corn, beer, stir fry with tons of Sriracha, olives on a stick, etc.
So out of the list here which items do you really want to try? What items here may bump long standing favorites? What are your long standing favorites? Whatever you have to say about the new and old Minnesota State Fair foods go ahead and comment on as I’d love to hear what you plan to eat!